11 January 2009

Deep Thoughts...

So after a flight the other day, I had to go to the restroom. While going to the restroom, I noticed that there was one of those ubiquitous "for a good time" messages on the wall. However, I think it's a sign of the times that, more and more, I see an e-mail address attached to the "For a good time" messages instead of a phone number. I think it's only a matter of time before someone starts putting up instant messenger names or Myspace URLs on the bathroom walls.

Focus: Am I the only one who has noticed this?

This of course pales in comparison to a bathroom I went to in Kuwait, where, no kidding, these are actual quotes from the graffiti:

--If God is all powerful, knowing, and good, then why is there so much suffering in the world? Is he powerless to stop it? Is he not all good? --(Reply) This argument was first brought up by the Greek philosopher Epicurus (341 BCE-270 BCE), who postulated in his work...

Focus 2: Has anyone else seen deep philosophical debates on bathroom walls?

And with all this said about bathroom graffiti, I leave this for you to debate:




1 comment:

Tintin said...

I once saw a long speech from "Henry V" (the one about "we are but warriors for the working day but by the mass our hearts are in the trim") reproduced on a latrine wall in Iraq. It was amazing.