03 January 2009

Mail Bag (Sort of)

With Christmas season nearly over, it's time to take a look at some of the Christmas cards that we got.  Students at one elementary school sent us dozens of hand-made Christmas cards.   Most of them say something to the effect of "Dear Soldier, thank you for protecting our country", with varying degrees of proper spelling.  One card, however, stood out among all the rest.  I think I'm going to frame this one...




You may need to click on the picture to get a better view of it, but it says:

Dear Soldier,
My name is [redacted].  My favorite movie is Saw III...

WTF?  Who lets their kid watch Saw III?  More importantly, what kid feels the need to tell a complete stranger that he/she likes Saw III?  I almost hesitated to make fun of this letter, for fear of some psychopathic 8-year-old unleashing a vicious killer mime puppet that was going to hack me up with a buzzsaw.  But then I realized that this is the price I pay for being famous on the Internet, so I went ahead with it.  The story of my life--as warped as it may be--needs to be told, as few people run into sheer level of bizarre I encounter every single day.




No comments: