01 May 2009

"Acquiring"


Never underestimate the ability of Soldiers to improve their standard of living in a combat zone. You should also never underestimate the ability of Soldiers to "acquire" things here and there.

With that said, I'm still absolutely astonished that we were able to get our hands on an ice cream truck--complete with the motto, "Two scoops of 'Hooah'", and a large wooden ice cream bar sign on the top, no less.

Where it came from, I don't know. I'm kind of afraid to ask. Did they buy it? Did they pimp someone's ride? Was it donated? Did they just find an ice cream truck somewhere? I honestly don't know. The ice cream is quite tasty, though, I must admit.

Side note: I used to play Jagged Alliance 2 in high school and college. One aspect of the game included the player "acquiring" an ice cream truck in order to carry gun-toting mercenaries, as they wage a guerrilla war on an island. Looks like life imitates art. Or video games.

No comments: