18 April 2010

TRADOC's been one-upped

Last year, the US Army Combined Arms Center announced that it would experiment with "crowdsourcing" to allow Soldiers to make continuous changes to Army field manuals. Indeed, after talking with a representative from the US Army's Training and Doctrine Commmand (TRADOC) at last weekend's Milblog Conference, I discovered that TRADOC was pleased with the experiment, and is fascinated with the possibilities of crowdsourcing. It's something I've been trying to experiment with in my "COIN for Aviators" project.

Nevertheless, I think TRADOC's been one-upped. Crowdsourcing US Army doctrine? That's one thing. Crowdsourcing a remake of the greatest movie ever? Now you're talking...


Star Wars: Uncut Trailer from Casey Pugh on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Michael C said...

I think the Army should have crowdsourced doctrine a long time ago, especially when it comes to updating doctrinal terminology. I mean, some of our manuals still have BOS in them.