27 September 2010

For your reading pleasure

As you know, I have an on-again-off-again relationship with Piers Macksey's "The War for America", a strategic history of the American Revolution written from the British point of view.

So when I found out that Dr. Jeremy Black, author of one of my favorite books on military history, has a great new lecture, entitled "Could the British have won the American War of Independence", I jumped with glee.  Too bad I won't be able to attend the lecture, which takes place next week.  Sorry, but I have Volksfest in Stuttgart to attend.

Nevertheless, I wonder whether the British would have won the war, given their commitment to contain Bourbon France and Spain.  At any rate, I have to postpone that topic.  I just received Robert Woodward's latest book, "Obama's Wars", on my Kindle.  I have to read this.  The American Revolution, unfortunately, is old news.

No comments: