22 September 2010

My fellow bloggers

As Jason Sigger rightly notes, Robert Woodward's new book, Obama's Wars, will undoubtedly be the talk of the blogosphere for weeks to come.

Though the Washington Post has already released excerpts from the book, I'm going to refrain from commenting in-depth until I read it in full.  I would, however, like to invite my fellow milbloggers to partake in a series of book reviews and discussions.  Anyone want to participate?

By the way, for those of you that have been following my misadventures on Twitter, note that I aim to finish this book and take part in Oktoberfest at the same time.  I got mad skillz.

3 comments:

greg said...

that is very likely the best, if not only way, to go about truly appreciating the book

RobtCE said...

Woodward writes this book about every President and every time we're "shocked" that there is infighting amongst the most powerful and hyper-dominant A-types in the world. While interesting, that won't be much news.

On the other hand, it will hopefully open a window (or at least part the curtains) on a President who has yet to emerge from the image he constructed of himself as a candidate in 2010.

Regardless, like cookies and "the Final Countdown", German beer makes everything awesome.

Unknown said...

Have you been reading the On Violence book reviews? Is that what you're talking about?