14 January 2009

The great thing about lax international copyright laws

The great thing about lax international copyright laws is that you can buy DVDs of movies that were just recently released in the US.  Some may call this bootlegging, but hey, most truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.  I was able to snatch up the new 007 movie, Quantum of Solace (just when you thought they'd run out of Fleming titles to turn into movies).  

I went to the Arab market armed with at $20 bill, hoping to purchase two movies.  I thought that I would have to be a shrewd haggler to make this work.  Well, I was wrong.  I picked up both DVDs for $2 each.

I'd been waiting to see Quantum of Solace for a while, not only because I'm a James Bond fan, but also because I need to watch the movie in order to understand what Maddox is complaining about on his most excellent website, The Best Page in the Universe.  

No comments: