18 January 2010

I did a double-take

I saw a thread in the Small Wars Council regarding the recent disappearance of the President of Nigeria from the public eye. At a precursory glance, however, I thought it might have been a spam post:

Nigeria's President Umaru Yar'Adua has been missing altogether from the political scene in the country for well over two months, due to an illness which he has been seeking attention for in Saudi Arabia. His absence has created much speculation about Yar'Adua's medical state, including rumors in the Nigerian media that he is brain dead, among others. However all of this it appears if I am stating correctly have created much political and even some religious tension and even the possibility of a potential power vacuum in Nigeria due to the President of Nigeria's absence from the country.



I'm waiting for the part where he needs us to send him money...




No comments: