Anyway, since I'm still living in an empty apartment and surfing the Internet from the bowling alley, I'm a little behind in my blogging. Fortunately, I've filled my time reading Thomas Rid's excellent essay compilation.
Unfortunately, it's been a bad week in Afghanistan. Take a look at the roll-up:
- DUSTWUN: ISAF confirms two US Navy personnel missing in Afghanistan.
- Two killed in a US military helicopter crash in Helmand province. Names have yet to be released.
- Richard Haas, president of the Council on Foreign Relations, isn't particularly optimistic on our prospects.
- That upcoming Kandahar offensive? Scrapped. Gen. Petraeus is emphasizing efforts at building local security and popular support
- Kings of War's Dr. David Ucko
- Conn Hallinan on the "myth" of counterinsurgency
- Dr. Tony Corn on saving the "COIN Baby" from the "COIN Bathwater"
And finally, just when I think my life can't get any worse, someone actually posts a glowing review of Mark Moyar's latest book at Small Wars Journal. Fuck. My. Life.